Mission Community Market is a non-profit organization that hosts a community marketplace on Thursdays, rain or shine, 4pm – 8pm at Mission Street and 22nd Street in the Mission District of San Francisco.
The market runs seasonally with a break for the winter beginning November 24. The market will return March 2017.
The market does not operate on Thanksgiving or other national holidays that happen to fall on a Thursday in a given year.
Mission Community Market is so much more than just a farmers’ market. Our open-air marketplace is made up of farmers, small local businesses, music and culture programming and after-school activities. We promote family health and are creating a fun, beautiful public space for the Mission District.
We believe the greatest challenges facing the Mission today are family health and economic security. Through the power of food, Mission Community Market presents a solution for both.
Donate today to support our 2016 goals:
- New weekend community marketplace
- Calendar of community fundraisers, family activities, and cultural arts to serve the Mission community
- An improvement district to keep the neighborhood safe and beautiful for decades
Since starting MCM has:
- Designed a safe, beautiful Bartlett Street
- Grown the farmers market, serving over 80 independent businesses since beginning, half of them women-owned
- Provided the first point of sales for 19 local micro-enterprises
- Provided fresh food incentives and nutrition counseling to over 2,000 individuals
- Painted 4 murals on Bartlett, including a replica of SF’s hidden, first mural
- Conducted a youth-led community needs assessment
Founding collaborative members and supporters include:
Mission Economic Development Agency (MEDA)
San Francisco Cart Project
The Mission Market
Escape from New York Pizza
Shape Up San Francisco
Mission Station, SFPD
SF Great Streets Project
Galeria de la Raza
The Mission Community Market originated from the Mission Streetscape Plan, a community-based planning process led by the San Francisco Planning Department.