The Block Party is filling up with amazing performers, artists, organizations and food! Make sure you get out to 22nd Street and Mission. June 19th. 11am-3pm. Buy raffle tickets and food! All profits from food benefit the start up costs of the Mission Community Market.
- Seth Augustus of the neighborhood’s own Porto Franco Records, he’s sealed his “fate as an excellent modern bluesman”
- Diana Gameros SF’s own! from traditional mexican styles to bossa nova rhythms
- Santos Perdidos quartet of all musica latina
- King City, the Mission District’s “bonifiedly warranted excuse for a good time”
- Come paint a piece of our new community mural! Anyone and everyone can come paint their part of a mural! A blank canvas for you to paint your piece of the Mission! Artists Sirron Norris and CUBA will return afterward to tie it together into a unified mural. All are welcome to contribute their part of a mission mural! On the side of Revolution Cafe.
Come buy delicious food! All profits help start the Mission Community Market!
Come to 22nd and Bartlett Street, June 19th 11-3pm.
Come for live music, dancing, capoeira, community booths, games, raffle prizes and delicious food! To make the Mission Community Market a reality we must raise funds! Profits from all food bought at Loló, Cafe Revolution and Escape from New York Pizza will be donated to the Mission Community Market for start-up costs and permits. Help create a public space in your Mission.
Thanks to all the great support from community members at the Mission Streetscape Plan meeting last night. At this 5th meeting of the Streetscape Plan, many independent street-related projects in the Mission were brought into discussion – including community-driven ones like the Mission Community Market. Other updates included “road diets” for Bryant and Folsom Streets, the 24th Street BART Plaza, Dolores Park improvements and the new Parklet on 22nd at Bartlett. Support for the Community Market at the meeting was strong. Thanks everyone!
Great meeting summary by Mission Local.
Get in touch with us if you’d like to learn more.
The Mission Community Market will be a community marketplace that celebrates the Mission’s unique identity by promoting healthy eating, locally-owned businesses, and lasting improvements for a safe and inviting public space.
A weekly night market in the heart of the Mission District, the Mission Community Market will provide:
- Healthy Food: fresh produce and innovative food from local entrepreneurs
- Economic Development: Access to market for new and emerging local businesses
- Community Programs: A venue for local art and creative programming focusing on youth and families
- Public Space: An improved and lively gathering place for residents to safely congregate and enjoy the art, food and crafts that represent the Mission.
Proceeds to the MCM will be reinvested into local economic development initiatives and public space improvements.