The weather forecast for this Thursday is calling for temperatures in the 80s, something that rarely happens in San Francisco! We’re so excited for this week’s market to feel like a hot summer’s day that we’ve made a list of the five best ways that you can chill out, MCM style.
1. Peaches & Pomegranate Juice - We couldn’t possibly create a summertime feel without the most quintessential summer fruit – peaches! Take a stroll by Twin Girls Farm this week to taste the season’s first sweet, organic delights. While you’re there, grab a refreshing bottle of their 100% pomegranate juice – no water or sugar added, just pure, delicious juice.
2. Jasmine Tea Milkshake from Get Goes Mobile Cafe - That red coffee-mobile carries more than just wonderful espresso, pour-overs, and hot chocolate. They also have delightfully tasty milkshakes that will cool you off and transport your taste buds to a malt shop in the ’50s! Choose from mocha or espresso (both available in decaf or regular) and their newest delicious flavor, Jasmine Tea!
3. Shrimp & Love Ceviche – All of their ceviche varieties are refreshing and light – perfect for a hot day! We recommend the Green Aguachile Shrimp Ceviche – delicious shrimp marinated in lime and lemon juices with cucumber, red onion, and spices. Contrary to what your intuition might tell you, eating spicy food is actually a great way to cool your body down! Take some home for dinner this Thursday, or grab some chips and enjoy it right at the market!
4. Agua Fresca from Chaac-Mool – This week Chaac Mool will have three freshly-made, thirst-quenching flavors of agua fresca to choose from: Sandia (watermelon), Fresa (strawberry), and Jamaica (hibiscus). A glass of agua fresca pairs perfectly with a gordita or a couple of tacos and will keep you feeling cool while you cruise around the market.
5. Live Music – Nothing will chill you out quite like the musical stylings of Ben Brown and Jascha! It doesn’t get much cooler than blues, and Benjamin Brown is just about the most talented blues man we know. Benjamin will play 4 pm – 6 pm. Then Jascha will take to the stage to lull us into a mellow, euphoric state with his “catchy and cerebral” indie pop tunes. Jascha will play 6 pm – 8 pm. Catch them at MCM this Thursday!